Coordinating Conjunction in English Grammar

Coordinating Conjunction in English Grammar

There are mainly three types of conjunction :-



1. Coordinating conjunction 
2. Subordinating conjunction 
3. Correlative conjunction 

The main difference between coordinating conjunction and subordinating conjunction is that coordinating conjunction join independent clauses while subordinating conjunction join both independent and dependent clauses. 

Seven conjunction in coordinating conjunction . Shortcut for learn coordinating conjunction. 

FANBOYS 

F :- FOR   A :- AND   N :- NOR. B :- BUT 
O :- OR    Y :- YET     S :- SO 

Use of coordinating conjunction :-

1. For 
I asked her to leave , for I very tired 
I have to find a new car, for I sold my old car 

2. And 
She came in the house and the baby start crying. 
I have one dog and three cats. 

3. Nor
I don't like them, nor does he. 
He didn't talk to his friend's, nor did he call his friends .

4. But
He was ill but he went to work. 
He is very good at playing basketball but not good at riding a bike. 

5. Or 
Do you have any brothers or sisters. 

Let's go by bus or a taxi. 

6. Yet 
I left my house on time, yet I reached late. 
John studied hard, yet he didn't pass the test. 

7. So
He was sick, so he didn't go to the office .
She was a job interview, so she needs some clothes.
 

Nest blog I'm tell about subordinate conjunction.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

homosheepiens

Embryonic development in the egg

Technique of yoga