Sunday, 5 June 2022

Object and Verb in English Grammar

Object and Verb in English Grammar

Object ( On which action is helping )

Direct —— Object ——  Indirect 

Ex..  
1. I gave the chocolate to Lucy 
2. I made my friend some coffee. 

Use of objects. 

Subject — Object — verb 
Ex..
1. My friends enjoyed Titanic. 
2. He failed exam. 

Model verbs

Express abilities  permission  possibilities

Ex.. Would, must, may, might etc. 
1. I must go to the doctor. 
2. I would really like it if you come.  ( possibilities) 

Stative verbs 

Ex.. Disagree, want etc. 
1. John disagree with Anna. 
2. She wanted another opinion. 

Phrasal verbs ( Vocabulary) 


Ex.. 
1. I am dressing up. 
2. Wake up at 5 pm. 
3. Get on the bus. 

Irregular verbs :-
Irregular verbs are those that do not have a suffix adding to them when we want to change their form. Instead, have different forms altogether like take becomes took and taken, feel become a felt and feel. 
Ex.. 

1. We look the child in. 
2. I felt I had to tell her. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home