Subject and Verb in English Grammar

Subject and Verb in English Grammar 


How make sentences? 

Subject + Object + Verb 

Part of speech :-

Every sentence is made up on a subject, a verb, and an object. 
Some sentences can have only a subject and object.

Some examples of subject sentences. 

1. I am coming home. 
2. Daisy is good girl.
3. Daisy arrived. 
4. I love pizza. 
5. The scientist was busy. 
6. The man who lived upstairs has moved out. 
7. The book on the red table is mine. 

Subjects can also have two or more nouns that each have a group of words giving us information about those nouns.

Example :- 
1. Lucy's grey cat and Alice's white cat went for a walk. 
2. My sister's husband and your brother's wife were in school together. 


Verb ( Action, Doing words) 

1. Always think can I do this ?
2. What is the subject doing? 

Mental action verbs. 

1. I know he did it. 
2. She didn't recognise me. 
3. I believe you. 

Transitive verbs :-

Transitive verbs are action verbs that always express doable activities that relate or affect someone and something else. 
In a sentence with a transitive verb, someone or something receives the action of the verb. 

Example.:-
1. I respect your parents a lot. 
2. My parents love me the most. 

Intransitive verbs :- 

Example :- 
1. We walked to the mall.
2. We walked
3. He arrived quite late. 
4. He arrived

Acxiliary verbs :-

Example :-
1. I will talk to my mother before agreeing. 
2. I did not ask for your opinion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

homosheepiens

Embryonic development in the egg

Technique of yoga